What does Aavameri do?
Aavameri is the Finnish specialist for responsible sea kayaking adventures in Finland. We arrange guided multi-day expeditions in the Finnish Archipelago Sea, land support for groups without guides, kayak and outdoor equipment rental and transportation. We feel a close commitment to working with our archipelago's well-being in mind, both regarding nature and island inhabitants. Aavameri works in close co-operation with local partners including accommodation, food and activities.
What does the commitment to do responsible adventures mean?
- measures to conserve the local environment in which our activities take place
- managing waste and resources
- not unnecessarily disturb breeding or nesting wildlife
- arranging responsible encounters with the nature and inhabitants of the archipelago
- safety procedures
- use of local services and goods
- offering activities for small group sizes
- staff training and information to customers about sustainable behaviour, the vulnerable nature and procedures to protect the environment
- use of the most sustainable transporation and biofuels possible when not on the sea
- ongoing commitment to further develop the sustainable and environmental procedures of Aavameri
Certifications and partnerships
Why should you choose an ecotourism holiday or a responsible tour operator?
For you as our customer, choosing an ecotourism holiday is not only a positive ethical choice, but is also a reassurance that you will be visiting an area and activity where visitor numbers are strictly controlled and the local environment is cared for, enhancing your enjoyment of your visit. Our clients may choose us because of our environmental and ethical credentials, or they may simply be attracted by thearea and the quality of our adventures. Whatever the initial reason for choosing an ecotourism holiday, there are significant benefits both in terms of the environmental impact of your activity and in your enjoyment of the activity experience.