Sea Kayaking Foundations
ISKGA Sea kayaking fundamental Level One is predominately developing a novice to be understanding and proficient in the core Technical, Rescue, Expedition and Navigation Skills. The goal is to help the participant become an efficient paddler that is environmentally aware and able to be safe and understand and be able rescue when required.
- Carrying the kayak
- Securing the kayak (car roof rack and/or trailer)
- Efficient forward paddling
- Turning the kayak
- Support braces
- Pair rescues
- Self rescues
- Fundamentals of navigation (chart, map and compass)
- Archipelago Sea Weather and Forecasts
- Packing the Kayak, Basic Expedition skills
- Environment, Wilderness and Nature Reserve Areas
Enquire or book
Contact us by using this form for any enquiries or bookings, and we will get back to you as soon as possible! You can also contact us by email on info (ät) aavameri.fi or by mobile phone, +358 44 980 77 88.
- Book here:
- Location: Ruissalo, Saaroniemi (Turku)
- Duration: 3 evenings 17:30-21:00
- Includes: Coaching, quality sea kayaking equipment (kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid, spraydeck)
- What to bring: Full change of clothes packed in a plastic bag or equivalent, sun protection, water, extra energy
- For who: For beginners and kayakers that have not attended kayaking courses before.
- Price: 130€ / person
- Package Duration: Next course 18.7 | 3 afternoons| 130€